Heating Service in South Orange County and Mission Viejo
Trying to get a good nights rest while sleeping in an icy cold house can keep you awake, tossing and turning all night long. If you are experiencing this because of a busted heater system, understanding the inner workings of your heater system may help you get down to the root of the problem. And if you don’t feel up to having a look at your heating system on your own you can always contact a heating service in Mission Viejo.
There are several parts that create an entire heating system. Here is a list of what they are and what they do:
- Draft Inducer Fan- Most modern furnace systems depend on a fan that help create a draft that goes up a chimney. This is now preferred than a furnace that requires and open flame from a burner.
- Igniter and Gas Valve- The igniter creates a high-voltage spark or turns red hot to trigger the gas to the burner. The gas valve has an electromagnet that becomes energized. It then opens to accept the flow of gas. All of this happens after all other controls including the thermostat are energized.
- Burner- A burner is a device that has a row of tubes to enable air and fuel to mix together at a proper ratio to get the highest output possible.
- Heat Exchanger- The process of a heat exchanger is very simple. The metal is heated with a gas flame while air passes over it. The air becomes heated and is allocated to rooms around the home while the flue gas is removed by way of the chimney.
- Furnace Blower- This is a fan that generates a pressure gradient within a furnace to retrieve the cold air that is to be heated. Then the warm air is blown into the heating ducts, which is then delivered throughout the home. Newer, more modern furnaces function much better than older gravity systems.
- Cold-Air Return- Ductwork is put in place to retrieve cold air. When there is an inadequate amount of cold air return, the system can become pressurized. This causes the heated air to be forced out through cracks and opening to the outside. This may increase your utility bill as well as loosing adequate heat for your home.
- Furnace Filter- A furnace filter helps filter dust, allergens, smoke and other debris from air that is returning to the furnace to be reheated.
There are several heating service systems that are offered. The first is the hot water system. Hot water is ideal to heat your home because it fits much better between joists and studs and carries as much heat as a large pipe with hot air. There is a small pipe that carries the hot water (120-185 degrees Fahrenheit) to baseboard convectors that are made of copper though sheet metal fins. This creates a convective heat loop which air flows around. This can be installed under wood framed flooring or enclosed in concrete.
Another way a heating system can work in by forced hot air. This system is the most common and simple. Temperature, humidity, and cleanliness can all be controlled. The hot air moves around the house in sealed large steel, usually rectangular, ducts to heat the entire home through vents.
Knowing how your home’s heating system works is a great way to quickly fix any problems that may arise if your heating system begins to fail. If anything you can detect the area of the problem and have a heating service Mission Viejo technician repair the problem with no time wasted at all!
Serving South Orange County, California
Heating Repair | Heating Service Mission Viejo | Heater Repair Mission Viejo